Aaah, Valentine’s Day. The time-honored annual tradition of subzero temperatures meeting waxy convenience store chocolate boxes and stuffed teddy bears. But we can’t forget about our real soul mate! Valentine’s Day can be the perfect day to shower your four-legged friend with love. Here are 5 Valentine’s gifts for your dog:
1. A waterfront dog run! Brooklyn’s Pier 6 dog run is the perfect place to commit to being fit while showing your dog how much he/she means to you. And a good run deserves a meal fit for a king like...
2. Carob cookies! What says Valentine’s day like chocolate? Sadly, we can’t share that love with our dogs, but there is a healthy chocolate alternative for dogs called carob. You can buy it from any health food store, and use it as a treat or make your own carob chip cookies for your favorite pup. Here is the recipe we use:
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup applesauce
• 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1/4 cup cooking oil
• 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 cups carob chips
Just mix in a large bowl and preheat your over to 300 F.
3. But what’s a good meal without a good way to serve it? A simple elevated dog feeder will prevent your large, lovable dogs from having to strain their necks to eat their delicious PetPlate entrees.
4. A DIY dog collar is the perfect addition to any fashionable pooch’s ensemble. Easily customizable with beads, gems, and string, this simple and fun project will show Fido how much you care.
5. And man’s best friend is going to need a place to store all his/her treats. By making a colorful and distinctive treat box at home, your dog will always know when he’s been a very good boy!
Valentine’s Day has been standard fare for stand-up routine punch lines and romantic viral video proposals. But regardless of your opinion of Valentine’s Day, it’s a great time to show your dog some love with the help of the team over here at PetPlate.