It’s that time of year again. The holidays are upon us and we’re starting to think about gifts for those special people in our lives.
If you’re like most people, holiday gift shopping can be stressful between coming up with a winning gift idea, finding the best deal, and wrapping the gift to present to your lucky friend or family member.
We’re here to help! Today, we’ve rounded up 55 perfect gift ideas for dog parents. The following ideas include fun items for their precious pup, items celebrating their pup, and, best of all, gift ideas that make their lives as pet parents easier so that they spend more time with their dog!
Feel free to jump ahead to any of the following dog gift ideas categories:
- Holiday-Appropriate Gifts
- Just-for-Fun Gifts
- Practical Gifts
- Discover the Convenience of PetPlate
If you’re looking for a fun, holiday-appropriate gift for that cherished dog parent in your life, look no further! Here are some of our favorite seasonal gifts for dog parents.
- Holiday dog sweaters
- Holiday dog bandanas
- Cozy dog beds
- Holiday dog collars
- Heated pet beds or blankets to keep their pet warm during the cold winter months
- Dog baked goods such as pupcakes and other dog-themed baked goods
For the ultimate puppy gift, you can put together the perfect, personalized dog gift basket for that special dog parent in your life. Start by finding a sturdy basket that they can reuse in their home and that their dog can safely sniff around as they open their gift basket. If you’re planning on getting larger items such as a dog bed, large bowl, water dish, or pillow, you could use this as an alternative to a traditional gift basket.
Dog Gift Basket Ideas:
- Healthy treats
- Dog chews
- Cute canine-themed coffee mugs
- Portable water dishes
- Squeaky toys
- CBD Pet treats
- Doggie bandanas
- Poop bags
- Dog toys
- Pet pillow
- Rawhide chew snacks
Safety and assembly tips to keep in mind:
- Remove all tags or wrappers that a dog might ingest accidentally.
- Add in padding, especially around more delicate items such as jars of treats.
- Put the largest items in the back of the basket and scatter smaller items throughout the basket.
- Add a big, bright bow in red, gold, green, or silver to add a little holiday flair to the presentation.
- Choose items, like toys or treats, in seasonal colors to stay on theme.
Looking for unique gift ideas for the dog lover in your life? Here are some of our favorite, fun gift ideas for dog lovers that will be sure to put a smile on the recipient’s face!
- Custom artwork of their beloved pet
- Socks with their dog’s face on it
- Custom funny t-shirts, coffee mugs, and stickers
- Treat-dispensing toys and games
- Dog candles – check out crafty candle shops online that sell dog candles personalized to your recipient’s dog breed!
- A fun tin or jar to hold their dog’s treats
- Dog toy and treat subscription boxes
- Custom earrings of their pet’s face
- A dog tote bag to carry all their pet’s toys and treats around
- A personalized stocking for their pup
- Dog costumes, hats, or headbands
- Engraved ornament or pendant with their dog’s name and birthday
- Dog keychains
- Personalized dog storybook telling the story of how they came together or what their dog is really thinking!
- Dog butt animal magnets
- A beautiful notebook, planner, or some stationary with your recipient’s favorite dog breed incorporated into the design
- Apron with dog prints
- Personalized calendar with photos of their beloved pup
- Dog lover shirts with funny expressions
- Ugly, dog-themed, Christmas sweater
- Dog DNA test for the friend who wants to know more about their mixed pup’s heritage
Whether you have a new pet parent in your life who is still stocking up on the essentials or you’re looking to make taking excellent care of their dog even easier for your dog-loving friend, you can’t go wrong with a practical gift. If you’re on the hunt for a more practical pet lover gift, here are some of our top picks!
- New harness or leash
- Portable water dish for hiking or traveling
- Car seat cover
- Dog leash hook to hang their pup’s leash by the door
- A new dog collar
- A fleece dog bed to keep their pet cozy
- Dog ID tags
- Subscription to PetPlate
- Bluetooth dog tracker that will alert an owner if their dog goes out of range
- Dog brush or comb
- Pet massager to help soothe an anxious or sore dog
- Water dishes
- A robotic vacuum cleaner to help keep their home a little less furry
- A subscription to a dog magazine
- Organic pet shampoo
Discover the Convenience of PetPlate
Giving someone a way to save time is the ultimate gift that keeps on giving. As loving pet parents, we want to feed our dogs healthy meals, but this can quickly eat up our time. Whether the dog parent in your life is currently cooking for their pet, spending time shopping at their local pet store for kibble, or taking time to research the ideal diet for their dog, you can save them time and effort with a subscription to PetPlate.
PetPlate delivers right to their front door when and where they need them. If they have multiple dogs, their dogs’ meals can be shipped together to save them even more time. With a simple click of a button, they can pick out their dog’s mouth watering meal plan from choices like Chompin’ Chicken and Tail Waggin’ Turkey. Automatic shipments make shopping for dog food a thing of the past. Food is shipped right to their door, then they simply store the food in their fridge or freezer and serve hot or cold when ready. Their dog will love it, and they’ll love crossing shopping for pet food off their list!
Besides the time saved by automation, your dog parent will no longer need to spend time wondering if what they’re feeding their dog is balanced and nutritious. PetPlate takes the guesswork out of the equation by having a Veterinary Nutritionist create delicious meal plan recipes that are perfectly balanced and will have their pup licking the bowl! PetPlate’s meal plans are shipped out in already measured quantities so that they’ll never have to worry about overfeeding their dog again! Eliminate the need for research and the worry that they’re feeding their dog the wrong foods with PetPlate’s balanced, scrumptious meals that are designed to help dogs live longer, healthier, and happier lives!
What more could any loving dog parent ask for? Give the ultimate gift to dog parents this holiday season when you save them both time and worry about what they’re feeding their pup by gifting them a PetPlate subscription!